Bring It Back – “Follow The Yellow Brick Road”
“Follow The Yellow Brick Road”
Scrunchies, banana clips, crimpers…… Oh my!
If you followed the yellow brick road in the 80’s your hair never left home without a can of mousse, teasing comb and a little round brush to roll your fringe. Mindy Y (image above) perfected the look in 1986.
Here is how you can “Bring It Back” in 2011……
- Saturate wet hair with Sebastian Mousse Forte Strong Hold Mousse.
- Dry hair using an Envy Onyx/X:Q Onyx blow dryer.
- Using a SalonTech Medium round brush, take a section of hair the same size as the diameter of the round brush. This will help achieve maximum volume. Direct brush away from face with exception of the fringe which will be blow-dried downward towards face.
- Grab a 1/2″ section of hair and back comb with a Marylin Teasing Brush. Making sure to secure tease at the root. Repeat on entire head. Gently smooth hair into desired style.
- Finish style with a blast of Tresemme Tres Two Extra Hold Hair Spray. Too much is never enough for your 1986 hair style.