Written by: Kristan Serafino
According to the Dictionary Labor Day is “a legal holiday, commonly the first Monday in September, in honor of labor.”
According to Kristan Serafino, Labor Day is an indication that winter is around the corner! It’s the one long weekend of the year that gives me mixed emotions.
Why do I have mixed emotions? As an example, one on hand it’s the indication that frizz free hair is around the corner and humidity will be set to sail. On the other hand, my heart feels a little weepy when I think of missing these 5 uniquely summer happenings:
1. Lemonade – Clearly lemonade can be drank all year, but there is something so refreshing on a hot summer day then pouring a glass of iced cold lemonade.
2. Skirts without tights - Ladies, this needs no explanation!
3. Flip Flops- Life before Havaianas (#HotSummerNites) was a summer with boring feet. I personally own 8 pairs! I love to design my own and from my early admission from post “Comic Book Beauty”, you can be assured my favorites this summer were the “Heroes Cat Woman”. The comfort of the rubber sole and the ease of slipping them on my feet only enhanced my excitement to show off my manicured piggies. I will miss them so much, but thank goodness for their Urbis Mid Sneaker that transition me into winter!
4. Butterflies: Fluttering flight, artistic patterned wings, brilliant palette of color,, conspicuous only begins to describe one of natures most beautiful creatures.
5. Long Summer Days: Fact – the sun is at its highest elevation during the summer solstice resulting in the longest days of sunshine of the year, Fiction – time slows to a crawl during the beautiful sunsets of summer.
“True beauty isn’t about perfection. By liberating people to realize this simple fact, we help them see the real beauty within themselves.” Kristan Serafino