Bring It Back – “The Bang, Bump and Flip”
PS. If you notice the bump in the belly that was yours truly kicking to get out!
I like to call it “The Bang, Bump and Flip”. How fitting that the entry would be none other then my Mommy. Back in the day she would start with Dippity-Do setting lotion, a set of rollers, soft bonnet hair dryer, teasing brush (repeated until you lost the circulation in your arm) and an entire can of Aqua Net Hair Spray.
Are you inspired? Want to achieve this 1971 Style? Here is how….
- Wash and Condition hair with Nexxus Diametress Volumizing Shampoo & Sublime Volume Conditioner.
- Taking a golf size ball of TIGI Catwalk Extra Strong Mousse and apply to wet hair.
- Blast hair until 80% dry with SalonTech 3200 Turbo Tourmaline Ceramic Blow Dryer. The last 20% will be smoothed with a round brush.
- Grab for your Conair Xtreme Instant Heat™ Multisized Hot Rollers. Once rollers are hot, take a section of hair the diameter of the roller. Roll hair onto roller from the ends of the hair downward towards the scalp and secure with the clamp that comes with your hot rollers. To achieve the “Bang, Bump and Flip”, it is best to take small sections of hair horizontally (in a brick pattern) around the head hair while rolling the hair downwards on the roller towards the floor. Allow rollers to cool before combing hair out.
- Tease hair at the root with Cricket lifting brush. Once entire head is teased, smooth with Cricket Premium Boar Bristle Brush to the desired style.
- Finish with hair spray Kerastase Double Force Hair Spray.
“True beauty isn’t about perfection. By liberating people to realize this simple fact, we help them see the real beauty within themselves.” Kristan Serafino