Beauty Stocking Stuffers
I admit it, as a makeup artist, I am obsessed with beauty products. I can’t go near a cosmetic counter without covering myself with powder, paint and potions. In fact, I’ve never met a beauty product I didn’t like.
If you have beauty aficionados on your holiday gift list, my TOP FIVE beauty stocking stuffers will guarantee smiles on their faces.
David’s Top Five Beauty Stocking Stuffers
1) The latest and greatest hot topic in skincare is facial oils. My favorite is Jurlique’s Skin Balancing Face Oil. Blended with a mix of divinely aromatic organic daisy, rose and sweet violet oil, this non-greasy oil provides protection and moisture in harsh winter weather. Smooth on a light layer before bedtime or under makeup to nourish the skin.
PRO TIP – In cold climates, I like to mix a few drops of facial oil into foundation to give my models a hydrating glow.
2) Another hot item on beauty shelves is facial mists – these refreshing sprays not only give an instant moisturizing pickup, they add vital antioxidants to the skin for cell turnover and revival. My top pick is Sulwhasoo Hydro-Aid Moisturizing Lifting Mist. This herbal seaweed mist instantly supplies moisture to the skin and relives signs of stress and fatigue. Fabulous!
PRO TIP – Headed to an after work party and your foundation is a tad crusty? Give yourself a light mist of spray to refreshen makeup and add a glow.
3) Who doesn’t’ love a new body lotion? For baby soft skin, try Bodycology Nourishing Body Cream. Packed with Shea Butter, Aloe Vera and Vitamins C and E, this yummy cream comes in 10 subtle scents – I mad for Wild Poppy and Blackberry Vanilla. If you have a beauty addict that has everything, this is the perfect gift.
PRO TIP – If your feet are extra dry, try coating them before bedtime with cream and slipping your tootsies into cotton socks. In the morning, your feet will be as soft as a baby’s behind.
4) Lip gloss is always the perfect gift. If you have an organic gal on your list, try Aubrey Organics Natural Lips Sheer Tints. These moisturizing wanded lip glosses come in eightnatural shades – I love Sheer Pink – that are packed with rich emollients to keep your lips soft as well as sexy.
PRO TIP – These amazing glosses can be blended onto the cheeks for a soft glow.
5) A fresh set of brushes can turn anyone into a makeup artist. I adore the Esum Detailing 9-piece Brush set made specifically for eye makeup. Draw winged eyeliner, smudge smokey eyes or blend highlighter; these brushes are designed just for the gal that loves eye makeup. Bravo!
PRO TIP – Always wash your brushes every 14 days with a mild shampoo and let air-dry.
For more tips, follow me on Twitter @davidmaderich and Instagram @davidmaderich