After a long and weary winter, most of us are in need of a serious beauty reawakening. I love nothing more than buying and suggesting new beauty treats. But that doesn’t mean I spend all my time at the Barney’s cosmetic counters. No way, missy, I love a beauty bargain. If you snooped in my makeup kit you would find high-end brands canoodling with fabulous finds from the drug store. Read on darlings for my Top Five Beauty Bargains for Spring 2014.
Celebrity Makeup Artist David Maderich’s Top Five Beauty Bargains
1) To refresh your lips for a new season, I simply adore NYC New York Cosmetics City Proof Twistable Intense Lip Color. For $2.99, these long lasting chubby sticks of joy come in 12 glorious shades from soft neutrals to bright reds and pinks. My personal favorite is Fulton Street Fuchsia – an amazing bright pink that is not only the color of the moment, but looks stunning on everyone.
David’s Pro Tip: If you’re pinched for time, add a smidge to your cheeks for instant color.
2) Give your lashes a lift with L’Oreal Voluminous Butterfly Mascara. Spring is the perfect time to toss your old mascara and try a new formula. For around $8, this inky black (the blackest black I’ve ever used) lash builder truly makes your peepers pop. I love the revolutionary butterfly brush that extends and lifts the outer lashes for a sexy sultry look ala Sophia Loren. What’s more, the fiber-based formula increases your lash volume by 6 times – and it smells divine, too.
3) After a winter of gloves and mittens, it’s time to let your nails out to play. The hottest hue on the most fashionable fingers this season is baby blue. Try Revlon’s Parfumerie Scented Nail Enamel in Tropical Rain a gorgeous semi-matte pale blue with a touch of tropical rain scent – no more icky nail polish smell. If blue too much for your fingers, try it on your toes. For $4.99, why not?
4) Have you noticed that every trendy lad or lass is sporting rainbow hued hair this spring? Too afraid to make the color commitment? Don’t fret, Try Streekers Wild Weekend Temporary Hair Color. For $11.95, you can add a streak or highlight of blue, yellow or pink (available in 8 bright colors) and wash it out the next day. The wand applicator is easy to use and is perfect for going hair crazy for a one night only performance.
5) To pep up dull winter skin, a shimmering illuminator brushed high on the cheekbones will give your face an instant lift and glow. Rock out with Fergie’s Rose Champagne Glow Shimmer Palette by Wet n Wild and be prepared to have that sassy Grammy glow ala Fergie. For $5.99, this baked powder is the steal of the season.
David’s Pro Tip: Try this multi-use powder as an eye shadow or add a dab to your lower lip for an instant sexy pout.