This post is dedicated to the men we love. Whom with a little help from SerafinoSays can be perfect!
It occurred to me this weekend as I was cleaning out my sweetheart’s closet, or as he lovingly refers to as my “search & destroy missions,” nearly every single garment in his closet I either purchased or influenced the purchase. While standing at the doorway of his closet I had the epiphany that women can be marginally manipulative. I’m not suggesting we are maniacal, or that we act maliciously, or that we are even Machiavellian with our man’s feelings. But ladies… the bottom line is we really do know what’s best for them.
Please, allow me explain. While we want our men to believe everything in our life is based on a concerted effort to make you feel special and included, we actually have an ulterior motive. I charmingly refer to it as; what we say vs. what we mean.
As an example, my sweetheart and I go shopping for a few new shirts for him. After rummaging through countless racks of shirts I will turn to him sincerely and say “sweetie, what is your preference between these two shirts.” Little does he know this is a trick question. What I mean is that it is irrelevant which you choose since I have already eliminated the unacceptable choices so both are acceptable. I love you sweetheart, but a 50/50 chance of you making the wrong decision is too great a risk.
When we decide to repaint the living room and I kindly offer for you pick out favorite paint swatches, the swatches you are given have already been discussed, sourced and ordered with the approval of our painter.
When I surprise you with a new pair of fuzzy slippers, it’s not because you need an alternative slipper to complete your wardrobe, it’s because I already threw out your abominable pair left over from college.
When I generously agree that the basement is best converted into a man cave for you, it’s because I have to have somewhere short of a pit in the backyard to place your belongings since no guest in our house can ever be subjected to them.
I don’t mean to appear manipulative, controlling, or lacking sympathy. I can honestly promise my intentions are of the highest, and come out of my love for your well being.
SerafinoSays does not want to overwhelm you. Therefor, we decided to start you off with baby steps.
Which house do you prefer?
Manscaping: Yes, I said it. Please refer to the houses above. Clearly no guest wants to visit the disheveled house. Don’t get us wrong, we are not asking to sculpt the gardens of Versailles, but please make it friendly for your visitors.
Wolfman is only to be seen on the big screen.
Nose & Hair Ears: Sorry boys, it comes with age. Here are your 4 ways to resolve the problem.
1. Razor: Shave closely around your hear but make sure to be careful as the skin is very delicate.2. Electric Razor: To remove hair on the inner ear, use an ear/nasal hair electric razor.
3. Nair: Before applying it to your skin make sure to read the manufactures directions. SerafinoSays suggest a patch test before applying to the entire skin. This way if there is a reaction it will only be on a very small part of your skin. Remember to apply cream ONLY to the hair you want removed.
4. Waxing: Since the skin on your ear can be extremely sensitive to heat, waxing is not highly recommended. But, if you still want to have your ears waxed, make sure to make an appointment with a professional waxing specialist.
* Tweezer: Due to the fact that tweezing your ear hair can be dangerous and may damage the eardrum or ear canal, it’s not recommended use one.
Keep Your Gym Bag at the Gym
Keep the smell of your gym bag at the gym. Make sure to shower, apply deodorant a spritz of cologne before visiting with your lady. If you choose to go “Ala Natural” just make sure to take showers regularly. No one wants to smell stinky Pities.
Mechanics, Oil Riggers, Plumbers, & Construction Workers We Understand.
Although we find you incredibly sexy in your overalls and suspenders and we fully understand the importance of using your masculine hands on your job, it would be so very appreciated if you would occasionally, if not regularly care for your hands. Nothing freaks us out more then dirty hands all over our bodies. YUCK!
Here are a few SerafinoSays tips for letting the ladies love your hands:
1. Use a nail brush every time you take a shower.
2. Clip your nails weekly.
3. After your shower and before you go to bed generously apply Jack Black Hand Healer.
4. Occasionally treat yourself to a professional manicure.
SerafinoSays believes in baby steps. Begin with these four tips and stay tuned for more secret men’s grooming tips.
“True beauty isn’t about perfection. By liberating people to realize this simple fact, we help them to see the real beauty within themselves.” Kristan Serafino