“Fashion Friday – 10 Ways to Look Chic Sitting By The Pool”
Written by: Fashion Director – Anna Lenhoff
Summertime is all about being relaxed! Sipping Piña Colada’s by the pool, walks on the beach and casual nights at the beer garden are what we’ve all been waiting for. Summer style is laid back and throwing on a sundress or a favorite pair of cutoff’s is your go to. Simple summer style is easy, just be sure that you don’t get to lax, you DO have a reputation to keep up! Spice up your summer style without all the heat by adding some cool accessories!
10 Ways To Look Chic By The Pool: 1. The Geometric Drop Earrings at Karmaloop.com are a steal at just $15! Wear them with your LBD for a night out with the girls! They will look just as cute the next day paired with cut offs and a comfy T when you meet up for brunch.
2. Let’s talk arm candy! Ettika is an amazing accessory company based out of LA. They create beautiful baubles right here in the USA and each one is crafted with a touch of that laid back LA style. You can get the bracelets already stacked as seen here in the “Earth Sweet Sixteen” bracelet stack for $150, or you can purchase one at a time and mix and match them with bracelets you already own. If you are feeling crafty you can be inspired by the designs and have a DIY night with your gal pals. Awwww making friendship bracelets with your best pals, drinking root-beer floats and gossiping about boys! Throwback!3. Relax by the pool with your favorite novel while wearing this straw hat from Top Shop. For just $44 you can shade your eyes from the sun and hide your jaw as it drops to the floor while reading the down and dirty on little Anastasia Steele as gets thrown around the bedroom in “50 Shades of Grey.”
4. Is the humid weather frizzing out your mop? Or maybe your beach hair isn’t quite as sexy as the Victoria’s Secret bombshells make it look? Instead of throwing on a ball cap opt for this cute turband from Nasty Gal instead. For $35 you can turn your fro into whoa!
5. The “Just what you need bag” from Linea Pelle $375.00, will be, well… exactly what you need to add a pop of color to a neutral maxi dress for day or night.If you dare to be bold, wear it with a contrasting color like Cobalt Blue or Jade Green for an easy color blocking effect.6. For only $50 these colorful wedges from boohoo will add length to your legs add and edge to your summer style. They are more versatile than they look! Wear them with a bright sundress during the day or high waist black shorts for a hot night out. Carry them right into early fall and pair them with skinny jeans and a neutral top!
7. Golden sun, Golden sand, golden locks and sun kissed skin… add a little more bling to your summer with this elegant gold snake belt from shopbop.com. For $68 this belt will surely become a staple in your wardrobe. Dress up a maxi dress or belt a loose sheer top and wear it over crisp white shorts. Glamorous!
8. Hey Boys! Keep it classic and cool with a pair of Wayfarer Sunglasses from Ray-Ban.
9. “I’m the man with a box that can rock the crowd” LL Cool J wouldn’t be able to resist this throwback piece from ASOS.com. The “Ghetto Blaster Necklace” (LOVE the name!) is only $13.26! This little boom box, designed in London, is a man’s piece but whoever wears this will be adding some mad flava to their summer style!10 “God Save the Queen” in this blue union belt from Topman. Well…you may not save the queen but you will save some “dosh,” money that is, because this red white and blue beauty is only $24.00!
“True beauty isn’t about perfection. By liberating people to realize this simple fact, we help them see the real beauty within themselves.” Kristan Serafino